There are few things more frustrating to a seller than a home that sits on the market. It's stressful to keep a house in showing condition, and not selling can cost you lots of money.
Use these tips as a quick guide to better your chances at selling your house in a timely fashion.
- Sit down with your San Antonio REALTOR® and evaluate your listing price. Visit open houses in your neighborhood. Are similar homes priced lower? An overpriced home is destined to sit on the market too long.
- Do whatever it takes to be away from your home during showings and open houses.
- Ask your San Antonio REALTOR® for feedback on how your home shows, and ask him to solicit other agents' advice. Feedback from their clients can really help.
- WORK WITH A REALTOR WHO HAS THE SKILLS, RESOURCES AND KNOW HOW TO MARKET AND UTILIZE THE POWER OF ONLINE MARKETING AND THE INTERNET. (90% of buyers are online)
- Help promote your property. Talk about your home to everyone you know. Look for other ways to get the word out, too, even if your agent is doing a lot to promote your house.
- If you're really motivated, you can offer perks to buyers, such as a cash bonus or help with closing costs.
- Neutralize your color scheme. Most buyers prefer neutral colors that make it easier to imagine a new home as their own.
- Consider offering an increased commission or a bonus for your listing agent as extra incentive. If you do so, amend your listing contract to reflect the change, and be sure those details are added to the multiple listing service (MLS). Buyer agents will also be inspired to give your house extra attention.
- If your REALTOR® is using photos to market your house, look over the photos as if you were a prospective buyer … you may be surprised at what you see. (All photos should be of high quality!)
- Get a certified home inspection from a specialist (offered 100% free with my listing service) then fix any major or lingering problems, such as the dripping faucet or the door that doesn't quite close right.
- Clean and de-clutter—neat, organized houses sell faster than those that look too lived-in.
- It's not about you. Buyers want to imagine their family in the house. If your house shows an abundance of your personality, it may dissuade the buyer.
Email: Joe@GoHomeSA.com Phone: (210) 872-6003
Home Selling San Antonio | Home Selling Tips